Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tax Appeal Results

I appealed the taxes on properties that I manage as well as properties that I have an ownership interest in. The most successful appeal reduced the annual tax bill to the owners by over $30,000.

In this case the property is a vacant undeveloped land and the city requires the owner to dedicate 40 feet of ground to the city for a new proposed parkway. It was just a matter of stating the facts so the assessor can value the property accordingly.

The appeal for my residence was not quite so successful however. It was the most likely and perhaps the best supported appeal, but no reduction was granted. Denied.

All in all we faired well and I have since noticed a number of properties where the taxes were not appealed and wished I had been aware of them before to offer some assistance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please let us know on a perma link
http://homefindamerica.com/blogs